March 15, 2011

Aimless and orange...

Shoe dreams are getting fewer and more far between nowadays. I blame the internet, of course. How? I am not sure, but I know it is the root cause of my lack of focus. In any case...

I would have forgotten this dream immediately if my boyfriend hadn't said something uncannily reminiscent when we woke up. In a flash like a shard of mirror catching light from behind, I remembered.

The dress in this drawing is not accurate. It actually fit about 100x too large, so it wore like a bell around the body. Too hard to draw.

Of course, the shoes had something of the '70s about them. Ugly, bound to crack and peel, they were functional and their decorative aspect was not in tune with their form. They looked like vinyl dinette chairs.

I found them in this weird hole-in-the-wall general store in the semi-country, like the ones you find in the Niagara region when you're going for an aimless drive.

What is with the way I'm writing today? It's terrible.

No comments: