April 25, 2008

Fragmentariness...

I haven't posted in a long, long time....

Today is definitely a "mashup" day; I've got about 5 songs playing in my head at the same time and I can't seem to focus. I'm amazed that I recalled having a shoe dream last night at all.

But hooray that I did (recall and dream).

What I remember about the dream context was that I was on a group voyage--a tour of sorts, though I'm not sure where we were headed. One evening, our group stopped at a way-station, where we would be spending the night. We weren't being held captive, but I felt that none of us was too pleased about the way things were going. That's probably why I decided to go on the lam for a while.

Next to our hostel, across the street, was an outdoor shoe market, but it was closed, or closing soon. I stopped in--but was told I could not buy anything--and found it to be the most marvelous shoe emporium I'd ever seen. I started dashing around on its gravelly station, gathering up shoes like a child in an egg hunt. Everywhere I turned there was a better pair. I snatched as many as I could in my size and hastily jammed them beneath a cabinet where I hoped they wouldn't be found before I could return and purchase them. All the while, my chaperones were calling for me, beckoning me to our lodgings.

The idea in the dream was that I was then going to lay down to rest and dream about the shoes I had stashed.

Dreams are so incredibly fragmentary.

No comments: